02 August 2012

Brothers and sisters

To my brothers & my two sisters, since today is the day of rakhi:

We grew up together, 
Shared memories & love, tantrums & fights.
You were there when I needed a friend,
Some unconditional love and some silent support.

That time seems like a distant memory now,
New relations & work taking its toll,
Each one of us now busy with their own lives,
There's barely the time to sit down & chat.

An occasional phone call & a facebook message,
I know from them that you are okay,
And even though I might seem to be lost,
I want you to know that you are always in my heart.

Some things will never change,
Like the love & the support & the playfulness we had,
You will always be a friend, a companion
But most of all, a constant in my life.

Happy raksha bandhan to you all.

Sharing with you a picture postcard our 6 year old niece made for little v. It was such a heartwarming surprise to see this. Am sure little v could not have asked for a nicer rakhi; he is blessed to have such a loving sister!


And finally signing off with a picture of rakhi my 3 year old niece made herself for little v; the image is blurry but I HAD to post it. I really don't think there can be anything sweeter on the face of this earth than this band of love a little girl made with her own hands for her little brother. The fact that she is in India & he is here in United States & that they have personally met only for a couple months does nothing to stop her from thinking about him every day & making this band to tie him with her love.



Can there be anything more beautiful than these two rakhis?

Blessed,
V

2 comments:

Aditya Khatkhate said...

Nice one Vinutai! Wishing you a very Happy Raksha Bandhan too!

notyet100 said...

Cute post ,belated happy festival,.